Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ready for Summer

The things of summer are kickin' off around here in full swing. Trips to the park, walks to Meme and Poppy's, street bike rides, and longer evenings playing outside are just a few of our favorites. Shaylin is just counting down the days until school is out, and I think that Elijah is equally looking forward to having her around to "entertain" him!!
This past weekend we had a yard sale. Another one of my favorite things about summer. . . only I like to go to them, not so much host them. (:   It was a lot of work, but it really paid off. We got rid of a lot of junk!! I can't forget Mother's Day either. After my parents returned from a week away (vacation) it was nice to be able to spend the day with my mom, my sister, and my daughter!! Kind of a "girls day out". We do not usually get too many of those!!
As the warmer weather greets us head on, it makes me look forward to the fun things we are planning. Camping trips, amusement parks, and swimming in the pool. We enjoy all seasons of family time, but some of our best memories have been made in the sunshine.
                                    Summertime, HERE WE COME!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. I do like the winter cool months but the summer is way fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete