Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun Weekend Ahead

This upcoming weekend we have fun stuff going on. Memorial Day always brings outdoor fun for our family. We honor the people that have served and those that are currently serving our country, and we do not make light of that. However, we usually go camping on that weekend. . . almost every one since I have been married. Now that we have kids, its even more fun because we ALL get to enjoy the great outdoors and step away from "the normal" together. Family, tents, campfires. . . . not to mention I LOVE SMORES!!!!
I am also very excited about our church's picnic this year. It's going to be a lot of fun. I'm not much for fishing, but there is just something about my kids and fishing poles that makes my heart smile! It's going to be a fun weekend and I'm ready!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! In the 5 years I've been married, we've never gone camping. This may sound dumb, but I think some of it has to do with knowing how to camp. Like where to go, what to bring, etc. I need to read a camping guide for dummies or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, I'd have to give my parents all of the credit for the "know how"! If it weren't for them, we would be stuck in a tent with sleeping bags eating pb&j's all weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ask me!! That was our idea of a vacation growing up!! I can put up a tent, start a fire, and roast some mean smores!! :)

    ReplyDelete