Tuesday, July 31, 2012

All things new...

  There is an excitement, that is in me, as I write this post. With the daycare just a few more weeks away from being finished and opening, and school starting just around the corner, several new things are happening for our family this fall. A new season is soon to be upon us. Not just the temperatures and colors outside, but a lot about life as we have known it for the last several years will be changing.

  With the daycare opening I am stepping into a new job. 
  Elijah is starting kindergarten.
  Shaylin is starting a new school.
  Chris.... well he is having to step up into some new responsibilities as a husband/daddy.
  And all of us are stepping into a new routine.

  All of these things sound and are very simple, but for us they are big steps. I mean its not that Chris hasn't been a good husband/daddy until now... I have just always willingly done EVERYTHING when it came to our kids. Getting them dressed to go places, cooking them breakfast, and taking them to school everyday are just a few things I will be letting go of on a daily basis. And its not like I haven't been working until now... just for the last decade its been within the comforts of our home. And its not like my kids haven't ever been in a school setting... but both are going to new places and unfamiliar territories this year. And let me just say that I am thankful for God's grace that is allowing all of us to approach these new things with smiles on our faces. 

  But aside from all of this... what excites me the most is the new visions/goals that have been dropped on the inside of me concerning my home and my family. God has given me a fresh perspective and attitude concerning things that go on here... in these four walls. The things that once created burnout, I am now finding a new joy in. The things that I once dreaded, I am seeing through new eyes and looking forward to.
  Don't get me wrong, I have loved every minute of my life, and if I had it to do all over again I can't say that I would change much. But there is definitely an overwhelming readiness to step into the NEW phase that God has for me... for us.


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited about your families life changes! I can't wait to hear how everything is going!! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete